Innovative Practices in Higher Education Expo 2014 (I-PHEX 2014)
Rules & Regulations
- The exhibition is open to academic staff at public and private higher education institutions (IPTA / IPTS) worldwide.
- The innovation must be related to the participants’ own practices.
- All participants must produce their own A0 size poster following the poster template.
- The registration fee is RM 400/- for Malaysian participants and US$ 250/- which includes the allocation of a booth per entry.
- All registration entries must be submitted submitted to:
Faizah Jaffri (email@example.com) or Amirah Azlan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Centre for Engineering Education
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Due date of submission is
1 April 2014. Due date has been extended to 15 April 2014. Submission is now closed.
- An abstract of 300 words must be submitted together with the registration which include:
a. Name of innovation
b. Educational problems and how the innovation solves the problems
c. Description of the innovation and the underlying principles used as the basis of the innovation
d. How the effectiveness of the innovation is measured/determined
e. Contribution of the innovation to the current practice
- If the evidence is related to individual students, educators or institutions (e.g. video recording, names, marks, assignment reports), their consent must be sought prior to the registration.
- There are nine categories of innovation. Refer here. The participants can only choose one category that best describe the innovation.
- There are seven judging criteria. Refer here. Gold, silver and bronze medals will be given to each category provided the total score exceeds 50%. Special awards will be given based on the judges recommendations.
- The decisions of the judges are final and no appeal will be entertained.
- The participants must be present at the booth during the judging. There will be no special arrangement made if the participants failed to do so.
- The posters and other relevance supporting evidence must be brought to the booth during the judging.
- The presentation should be in English.