Regional Conference in Engineering Education (RCEE) & Research in Higher Education (RHEd) 2020
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Centre for Engineering Education, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia proudly brings you the 8th Regional Conference in Engineering Education (RCEE) and Research in Higher Education (RHEd) 2020 which will be held on 15-16 July 2020 in Johor, Malaysia.
RCEE & RHEd 2020 is jointly organized with the Society of Engineering Education Malaysia (SEEM), which is an active organization in leading the efforts of advancing engineering education in Malaysia. In conjunction with the conference, we will also organize the 6th International Innovative Practices in Higher Education Expo (I-PHEX 2020) which serves to showcase innovative practices in higher education. It is the pioneer international level engineering education exhibition in this region, with the purpose to acknowledge and award innovative efforts to enhance higher education since 2014.
The theme for the 2020 RCEE & RHEd is: ”Engineering Education Leadership in an Uncertain World” – a need for action to reform and upgrade engineering education through coordinated efforts by all major engineering players (institutions, societies, NGOs, industry and education professionals), working as a team to develop meaningful and quality education for the next generation. In support of the theme, students’ involvement is also celebrated through Engineering Service Learning and Asian Student Forum 2020 (ESL & ASF 2020).
Interested authors are encouraged to submit unpublished contributions in all aspects of engineering education and research in higher education, including but not limited to the following areas:
- STEM Education
- Global engineers
- Educational technology, software, and tools
- Student-centered teaching and learning
- Professional skills development
- Rigorous research in engineering education
- Outcome-based education and accreditation
- Assessment and evaluation
- University-industry collaboration
- Service learning
- Faculty & professional development
- Hands-on and industrial training
- Education for sustainable development
- Women in engineering
- Diversity in engineering education
- Ethics and humanity in engineering
- Other related areas
Proceedings will be submitted to IEEE Xplore for publication. Selected papers will be invited to submit an expanded and improved version to special issue in indexed journals.
RCEE 2020 IMPORTANT DATES
- Deadline for extended abstract submission: 10 February 2020
- Notification of extended abstract acceptance: 10 March 2020
- Deadline for full paper submission: 20 April 2020
- Notification of paper acceptance: 20 May 2020
- Deadline for Early Bird Conference Registration: 5 June 2020
- Deadline for camera-ready paper submission: 10 June 2020
- RCEE Conference: 15-16 July 2020
More updates to come. Stay tuned!
Other links related to RCEE 2020: