Engineering education is about how we can best educate future engineers. Therefore, the research areas for our PhD and MPhil programmes include the following components which can be investigated independently or integrated with other areas of inquiry:
Engineering Learning Approaches
– Research on engineering learners’ developing knowledge and competencies in context.
Engineering Teaching Strategies
– Research on the instructional design, and teaching methods.
– Research on assessment methods, instruments and measurements to inform engineering education practice.
– Research on what constitutes engineering thinking and knowledge within a particular context.
STEM Education Research
– Research on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education in school and university settings as the talent pipeline for developing engineers of the twenty-first century.
Duration of Study
The programme could be completed within 3 – 8 years.