Innovative Practices in Higher Education Expo 2014 (I-PHEX 2014)
Jointly organised by CEE, UTMLead, AKEPT, IFEES and SEEM
22 May 2014
Call for Participation
Innovative Practices in Higher Education Expo 2014 (I-PHEX 2014) is a platform to showcase innovative practices that can be shared and emulated among academics in higher education worldwide. The purpose of the exhibition is also to recognise and award efforts to improve higher education. I-PHEX 2014 is jointly organised by the UTM Centre for Engineering Education (CEE), UTM Academic Leadership (UTMLead), Higher Education Leadership Academy (AKEPT) under the Ministry of Education Malaysia, International Federation of Engineering Education Societies and the Society for Engineering Education (SEEM). This prestiguos and pioneering award will be given by AKEPT. Academics from all over the world are invited to submit a 300 word abstract together with the registration form from the website tree.utm.my/i-phex2014.
Objectives of I-PHEX 2014
- Showcase innovative practices in Higher Education to generate ideas and share experience in improving the quality of graduates
- Encourage and recognize innovative practices among educators in institute of higher learning
- Identify and strengthen leadership among academic staff in dissemenating good innovative practices in Higher Education
- To promote networking and strategic cooperation related to innovative Practices between institute of higher learning.
Participants may choose only one category.
a. Innovative Teaching & Learning Practice
b. Curriculum Innovation
c. Innovative Assessment
d. Teaching and Learning Resources (with or without Technology)
e.Innovative Student Supervision (Undergraduate or Postgraduate)
f. Multidisciplinary Learning (e.g.: co-curriculum, service learning, etc.)
g. Special Academic Support Programs
h. Education for Sustainable Development
- Novelty and inventiveness
- Continuous Quality Improvement Efforts
- Academic Recognition
- Commercial Potentialities
- Source of Reference
There will be a gold, silver and bronze medals for to each category provided the total score exceeds 50%. Special awards will be given based on the judges recommendations.
Each entry is subjected to a registration fee of RM400 for Malaysian or USD200 for international participants. A 300 word abstract together with the registration form should be submitted to:
Faizah Jaffri (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Amirah Azlan (email@example.com). For further information, call us at +60755 57758