Due to its multidisciplinary nature, there is a wide variety of career options for graduates of this programme. Knowledge of the technical and social science aspects of engineering opens up opportunities for graduates to be well suited for both fields. This is especially when meeting the unique requirements of multidisciplinary knowledge and abilities demanded by both areas. Among the potential careers for graduates are:
- Academics in engineering sciences, social sciences and education.
- Academic administrators of engineering schools or departments in higher learning institutes.
- Engineering and technology curriculum developers.
- Higher education consultants and trainers.
- Training designers and developers in industries.
- Instructional designers.
- Content developers in publishing companies.
- Practicing engineers or administrators in industries.